If you’re among those electricity consumers tired of visiting power company offices. Here in this article, you’ll find the hassle-free method to lodge the complaint and resolve the issue in a minimum timeframe.
The following companies’ user can register their complaint using the app:
- Faisalabad Electric Supply Company (FESCO)
- Gujranwala Electric Power Company (GEPCO)
- Hyderabad Electric Supply Company (HESCO)
- Hazara Electric Supply Company (HESCO)
- Sukkur Electric Power Company (SEPCO)
- Islamabad Electric Supply Company (IESCO)
- Lahore Electric Supply Company (LESCO)
- Multan Electric Power Company (MEPCO)
- Peshawar Electric Power Company (PESCO)
- Quetta Electric Supply Company (QESCO)
- Tribal Electric Supply Company (TESCO)
Before the Roshan Pakistan App, it was tricky to complain. But now, any user can do it at their fingertips.
Links to Download:
Google Play: Roshan Pakistan
IOS Store: Roshan Pakistan
The process of registering a Complaint
- Download “Roshan Pakistan App” on Android / iOS
- Click on the “Lodge Complaint Button”
- Select Category & Complaint Type
- Type Reference Number, Name, Mobile & Details
- Finally, Click on Register Complaint
Note: Make sure to select the relevant category and type for resolution.
Once the complaint gets registered, you’ll receive a “Ticket Number.”
For Example, if the light is off in the area. Select Line Complaint, Then Power Outage, or any issue.
How to track registered complaints:
- Open the App
- Click on “Track Complaints”
- Type “Ticket Number”
- The latest status will be shown
A consumer whose activities depend highly on the electricity (Launder, Manufacturers, Restaurants, etc.) can check the schedule. Proactively arrange an alternate or wind up the task before the light goes off.
- Open the App
- Click on Load Management
- Enter Reference Number
- The upcoming timetable will be shown
Registration of CNIC | SMS Service
One of the advantages of providing a National Identity Card and Phone number is the applicant will receive the automatic meter reading as the account is updated. Also, they don’t have to check the bill manually.
- Click on Register CNIC
- Enter Electricity Bill Ref No
- Proceed next & type the Occupant’s name, CNIC & mobile number.
- Submit the Form
Want to know how many units you consumed. The calculator in the app helps to get an estimate. Here’s how:
- Go to the Bill Calculator
- Selection Connection Type (Domestic or Commercial)
- Select Meter (Single or Three) Phase
- Enter consumed units
- Then Calculate Bill
Note: It only provided a rough idea of billing based upon units. However, the actual bill includes several taxes and other charges.
Categories of Complaint Includes:
- Power Outage
- Damaged Meter
- Electric Fire
- Line Fault
- Low Voltage – Short Term
- Low Voltage – Long Term
- Phase Issue
- Additional Feeder
- Damaged Transformer – Rural
- Damaged Transformer – Urban
- Transformer Relocation / Augmentation
- Additional Transformer
- Live Fallen Wire
- Service Line Reloc / Improvement-Long Term
- LT / HT Line Relocation / Improvement-Long Term
- Meter Sparkling / Wire Loose
- Permanent Rectification of Temporary Fix
- Tripping (Due to Transformer)
- Meter Position
- Detection Bill
- Delayed Billing (New Connection)
- Late / Non Delivery of Bill
- Electricity Theft
- Installed Transformer / Meter / Wire Theft
- Bulk Distribution Theft
- Vehicle Theft
- Violation of Energy Conservation Measures
- Electrical Safety
- Defective Meter (single phase)
- Defective Meter (three-phase)
- Wrong Meter Reading
- No Meter Reading Taken
- Excess Billing
- Under Billing
- Account Information
- Bribery / Corruption
- Delayed Meter Reading
Leads / Requests
- Additional Transformer
- Temporary Connection
- Relocation of Meter
- New Connection
- Change of Sanctioned Load
- Load shedding Schedule
- Change of Tariff
- Replacement Distribution Box
If you have questions about WAPDA and electric companies, ask in the comments. We reply to your query.
As a content writer, business student, and non-fiction book reader, Muhammad Husain has a keen interest in observing Pakistani organizations and sharing his knowledge and insights on a variety of topics. Bringing a unique blend of practicality and creativity to articles on Pakistani business operations and personal experiences.
I am dedicated to creating informative and engaging content that inspires readers to learn more about Pakistani culture.
2 thoughts on “How to Register Electricity Complaint Online? | Schedule, Tracking & Bill Calculator”
Updated bills for 08123350249605 9606 and 9607 has not been uploaded online. While checking online bill for Dec 2022 are seen. Please do needful to proceed.
Sometimes due to server delay it causes the issue. You can recheck it. If it is still there then download the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pitc.com.smartptw.onewindowapp&hl=en&gl=US&pli=1 and follow the process mentioned above to lodge the complaint.