NADRA documents are crucial for every Pakistani born. These identity papers must be updated and error-free. In Pakistan, whenever a child is born, their name is identified by the Child’s Biological Father. But when the Girl gets Married, her name is transferred from father to husband, pronounced as Marital Status is NADRA’s ecosystem.
Marital Status is mostly for Females because of their name transferring that doesn’t require males other than exceptional cases.
Here in this post, we describe how you can change your Marital Status online or visit NADRA Centres.
Requirements to Transfer:
- Nadra Orginal CNIC of (Husband & Wife)
- Nikkah Nama or Marriage Certificate
- Visit along with husband & wife
Method # 1 — NADRA Executive Centres
The process to change Marital Status
- Go to the nearest NADRA Centre
- Get a Token & wait for a while
- Present your Documents to the officer
- Get your printed version of Application
Husband’s Lives Abroad
- Bring Orginal Wife CNIC
- Along with Husband’s Mother or Father
If there is a separation between the couple, then Separation Certificate will require for CNIC’s information updating.
Divorce or Lost Marriage Certificate
For both cases, you will get an Affidavit Form from NADRA. Attest it from Commissioner to continue the process.
Method # 2 — Online Submission
You can also apply for a change in Marital Status to avoid long queues. Go to Nadra Online Portal and follow the process mention in the video below: